No products in the cart.
Unisex fashion is nothing new, but since the tomboy faded into obscurity in the late 90’s, it has slowly died down. Recently however, both seasoned and up and coming designers such as Vivienne Westwood and Sir New York have revamped the world of unisex fashion. With the resurgence of this trend even the hottest celebrities are appreciating the benefits of unisex fashion and here’s why:
1. There’s no worrying about looking too girly or too masculine. The best part about unisex fashion is that it’s pretty much a blank canvas for anyone’s style. You create what you want with it.
2. It’s comfortable–Lord, is it comfortable! There’s nothing too tight, nothing too loose, everything fits just right and it’s almost effortless to wear.
3. You can make a statement with simple pieces and no matter what you’re wearing, it will almost always look trendy.
4. It can help nail that classic look your going for. A button down shirt and denim jacket will always stand the test of time. Trust us, 15 years from now you will find a picture of yourself, post it as your #ThrowBackThursday photo and you will still be on trend.
5. It’s easy to be the confident show stopper you know you are when you’re comfortable. From a sweater to a suit, if you feel good in it, it will show. You’ll walk out of the house with a cool attitude and walk into a party with all eyes on you.
6. Most unisex styles can actually be great conversation starters. Are you shy? In need of a good icebreaker? A quick compliment on a signature piece can be an opportunity start a conversation and showcase your fabulous style knowledge. (Bonus points if you mention The DM.)
7. The best benefit of unisex fashion? Anyone can wear it! Yes, anyone!. Men, women, gay, straight, black, white, latino, asian, middle eastern, curvy, skinny, and everyone in between can pull off a unisex look. Don’t be afraid to try it out!